[Feature Product] Oxbow Healthy Rabbit and Guinea Pig Food
If Bugs Bunny were real he would not be a healthy fellow at all. You see while rabbits love carrots they should only make up 5% of their diet! To avoid painful gastro-intestinal imbalances & maintain good health 75% of a rabbit or guinea pigs’ diet should be fibrous hay. The other 25% formulated pellets, that leaves 5% for little treats. Seeds, nuts, corn and grain mixes are always a no-no. The trick is to feed your rabbit or guinea pig what they were designed to eat rather than what their favourite treats are.
Oxbow is the only complete and balanced brand formulated especially for rabbits and guinea pigs. Veterinarians recommend it because it is fibre rich, and low in protein Oxbow is also low in calcium – important as this aids the prevention of overgrown teeth.
Timothy Hay / Botanical Hay / Western Timothy
These three nutritious hays are interchangeable and come in 2 sizes. Hay should make up the bulk of your rabbit or guinea pig’s diet and be constantly available.
A more compact, less mess form of the hay. Hay Cakes promote further chewing & prevent boredom.
Bunny Basics (Young and Adult Versions)
A complete all-in-one balanced formula that combines the required fibre from the Timothy Hay with other necessary vitamins and minerals.
Cavy Cuisine (young and Adult Versions)
The guinea pig version of Bunny Basics. A complete and balanced all-in-one formula to prevent any nasty intestinal problems and to assure optimal health.
These make up 25% of your rabbit or guinea pig’s diet if you a feeding your little ones Timothy Hay. Pellets are important because they encourage chewing – keeping their ever-growing teeth filed down. Formulated Pellets also contain additional essential vitamins & minerals that they would find in their natural environment. For guinea pig owners it’s essential that your pellets contain Vitamin C as your little ones are prone to scurvy!
If you own a bunny or a guinea pig and you are unsure about how you are feeding them please feel free pop in and have a chat to the girls.